There’s so much we can do with modern dentistry! From making your mouth healthier to designing a flawless smile, the options are endless and can change your life.
Unfortunately, many people don’t feel they have the power to undergo these treatments because of dental anxiety. If you suffer from dental fear or anxiety, you’re not alone. Rest assured that there is a way to have a dental experience that is 100% free from stress and pain.
Dr. Pfost and Dr. Davis care immensely about patient comfort and safety. Some of the ways we give you a great dental experience are listed below.
- Offering patient amenities and entertainment
- Caring for you with a compassionate and understanding attitude
- Using a gentle, conservative approach at all times
- Employing advanced technology that promotes maximum comfort
- Using local anesthesia to block pain
- Using only harmless materials and methods that will protect your whole body health
- Offering safe sedation dentistry methods
When you are afraid of dental treatment, your pain threshold decreases while your stress increases. We want to change that at West Valley Natural Dentistry.
Sedation for Anxiety Relief, Increased Comfort, and More
Sedation dentistry can help patients in several different ways. Sedation dentistry can:
- Relieve dental anxiety
- Allow patients to accomplish more in one visit
- Make procedures seem to pass quickly
- Reduce gag reflex
- Make dentistry easier for patients who have difficulty sitting through dental procedures for any reason
Nitrous Oxide Sedation
Nitrous oxide is an inhaled sedative that has been used for nearly 100 years! We place a small cup over your nose, so you can inhale the nitrous oxide mixed with oxygen and begin to feel pleasant, and even euphoric feelings as the anxiety melts away.
Nitrous oxide wears off quickly so there is no “hangover” effect.
Intravenous (IV) Sedation
Sedatives delivered directly into the bloodstream are more potent than other methods. IV sedation can be a good option for patients who suffer from extreme dental anxiety. We offer IV sedation at an offsite location, where Dr. Davis will still conduct your dental work.
IV sedation has an almost immediate effect on the body and its functions to help you experience total peace. Our nurse anesthetist will monitor you closely and can adjust your sedation level whenever necessary.
Come Learn More about Safe Dental Sedation
If you are interested in improving your dental experience with sedation dentistry, please contact West Valley Natural Dentistry today.